- We are currently in need of new leadership. Positions available are: Head Leader, Co-Leader, Babysitter Coordinator/Finance, Meal Coordinator, Childcare Activities Coordinator, and a PR Coordinator. Julia Motekaitis recently stepped down from the Head Coordinator position and will now serve as our Service Coordinator. Rebecca Najvar recently stepped down from the Finance position and will now serve as our Blog Administrator. Paula Boulanger will serve as our Social Coordinator.
- We have added the position of Service Coordinator this year, and hope to have lots of opportunities for us to give back to the community. If you have any service projects that are close to your heart, please contact Julia Motekaitis.
- Our blog contains lots of great resources, including our calendar of events. If you would like to submit an article, book review or your favorite prayer, please contact Rebecca Najvar. Please, consider becoming a follower or subscribing to the posts, so you can stay up-to-date on all that is happening with Joyful Hearts.
- Babysitting Funds – We are currently collecting donations to pay for our babysitters. On November 13 and 14, St. Thomas Aquinas will be holding an Ignatius Book Fair. All proceeds will go towards babysitting fees for Joyful Hearts, Familia, The Better Part, and the baptism classes. We also hope to have a permanent bookstore at STA, so that the funds will continue to come in for these groups. Volunteers will be needed for the book fair.
- We are currently studying Graced and Gifted by Kimberly Hahn. We will resume this book study at our August 30th meeting. Please feel free to suggest other books you think might be a good fit for the group. We also hope to have quite a few speakers throughout the year.
- In this ever-changing world of motherhood, we sometimes find we have certain needs or issues that Joyful Hearts may not be addressing. Since we only meet twice a month, we are very limited in our time together. You are encouraged to start up a special interest group. For example, last year several ladies got together about once a month in the evening to discuss raising boys. There is also interest in getting a group together to study The Volumes by Ann, a Lay Apostle. We also hope to organize prayer partners (for more information, please contact Erin Dvorak).
Marilyn Vargas has offered to be our PR Coordinator, as much as possible until baby #5 is born in November. Crissy Hartl has offered to be our Meal Coordinator - please contact her if you would like to receive meals after the birth of your baby. We have our babysitters scheduled for the rest of the Fall schedule. (Yay!) Please let us know of any playdates you would be interested in for our "off" Mondays, and we will get that scheduled. Please feel free to invite your Mommy friends to the group!
See you on the 30th!